Adam represents private equity firms, public and private companies and entrepreneurs in a diverse set of transformative transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings, leveraged and management buy-outs, recapitalizations and joint ventures. Adam’s prior experience as the Managing Partner of the firm enables him to provide counsel to clients’ boards of directors and senior management teams on bet the company decisions, strategic initiatives, risk management, corporate governance and a variety of other complex business matters.
Adam advises clients such as Apollo Global Management, KSL Capital Partners, Maxar Technologies, Vail Resorts, Victory Park Capital Advisors and Viking Cruises.
Adam served as Brownstein’s Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer from 2013 – 2019 overseeing the firm’s strategic direction and operations, during which time the firm experienced record growth and financial performance. He is currently a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and previously served as Chair of the firm’s Corporate & Business Department.
Adam is involved with political campaigns and philanthropic endeavors across the United States where he regularly advises on matters involving business, law and policy. Adam has served as an Adjunct Professor of business and corporate law at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2020
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2010-2020
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2012-2020
- DU Law Stars, Robert H. McWilliams Jr. Alumni Professionalism Award, 2017
- Law Week Colorado’s “Best Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer”, 2015
- Kal Zeff Business Leader of the Year Award 2015, Jewish Family Service of Colorado
- Colorado Statesman’s “50 For the Future”, 2007
- Denver Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40,” 2004
- Leadership Denver Class of 2002, Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Board of Directors, Colorado Concern
- Campaign Committee Vice Chair, National Western Complex Redevelopment
- Denver Bid Committee, 2026 World Cup
- Alumni Council, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- John Hickenlooper for U.S. Senate Finance Committee
- U.S. Senator Michael Bennet Finance Committee
- Colorado Attorney General Phil Weiser Finance Committee